Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice is holding volunteer training orientations for new volunteers Sept. 7 and Nov. 30, 9 am-1 pm, at Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice (100 W. McCreight Ave., Suite 400, Springfield, OH 45504).
Volunteers are needed to provide a variety of services. There are many ways volunteers can donate their time and talents:
- Volunteers provide respite care, caregiver relief and companionship to patients in private residences, extended care facilities and assisted living facilities.
- Volunteers help with fundraising events, health fairs, special projects, administrative support, deliveries, baking for special occasions, crafting, and sewing projects.
- Certified animal-assisted therapy volunteers visit patients.
- Licensed hairdressers and barbers cut and style patients’ hair.
Volunteers are instrumental in supporting Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice’s mission of celebrating the lives of those it has the privilege of serving by providing superior care and superior services to each patient and family. They offer essential support to the interdisciplinary team and provide services to patients and families.
Through American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio’s Hospice, Veteran volunteers honor Veteran patients service to our country, with Veteran recognition ceremonies. In addition, retired nurses volunteer and honor patients who are nurses by conducting Nursing Honor Guard ceremonies.
Volunteers of all ages, religions and ethnic backgrounds are welcome. Prospective volunteers must have two references who are not related to them. In addition, a background check will be conducted. For those interested in attending an orientation, please contact Tami Clark, volunteer coordinator, at TClark@OhiosHospice.org or 937.521.4142.
Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice, a service of Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, is a not-for-profit hospice founded in 2004. The community-based organization provides superior care and superior services for patients facing life limiting-illnesses in Clark, Madison, Greene and Champaign counties.
- News and Updates2021.10.25Dr. Cleanne Cass Recognized With Distinguished Service Award
- News and Updates2021.10.24Chaplains Provide Spiritual Support for Patient and Families
- News and Updates2021.10.21Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offering Bereavement Workshop on Grief, Trauma, Loss and Extending Comfort
- Events2021.10.20Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton Invites Community to Hope for the Holidays on Dec. 7