It’s now the third week of Kindvember! We hope you have been joining us this month as we continue to scatter kindness throughout the communities we serve.
Each year, as part of National Hospice and Palliative Care Month, we celebrate Kindvember in November. This initiative recognizes and honors kindness, one of our key mission values, and its importance in everything we do.
This week’s theme is Volunteer Kindness. We are inspired by a quote from Henry David Thoreau: “Be not simply good – be good for something.”
Volunteering is a way of showing kindness. Whether you volunteer at Ohio’s Hospice or at other community organizations, you’re making a difference and impacting your local community. If you would like to learn more about volunteering with us, click here.
During the third week of Kindvember, here are a few ways you can scatter kindness by volunteering. Be sure to use #Kindvember2023 to share how you’re scattering kindness throughout the month!
- Donate items to your local shelter.
- Sign up for a volunteer event.
- Make a donation to your favorite not-for-profit organization.
- Offer a helping hand to a stranger.
- Spend quality time with a loved one.
- Pick up a piece of litter.
- Share a social media post about kindness that means the most to you and tag it: #Kindvember