Who We Are
Ohio’s Hospice and United Church Homes have partnered to create a not-for-profit Medicare-certified hospice program serving residents facing life-limiting illnesses in United Church Homes senior living communities. Through shared values, mission and cultures, we work together to offer seamless continuity, superior care and services to residents and their families.
We are your local, community-based, not-for-profit hospice!
Ohio’s Hospice at United Church Homes is an affiliate of Ohio’s Hospice, a partnership of mission-driven, not-for-profit hospices committed to a shared vision of strengthening and preserving community-based hospice care.
Ohio’s Hospice at United Church Homes is Now Available in Greater Dayton
Our care team includes board-certified
hospice and palliative care physicians, hospice-certified nurses, hospice-certified state tested nursing assistants (STNA), social workers, chaplains and volunteers.
Our Levels of Care
Hospice care is compassionate care for people facing a life-limiting illness or injury.
Hospice care involves a team-oriented approach to expert medical care, pain management, and emotional and spiritual support tailored to
Our four levels of hospice care include:
- Routine Care: Patients receive hospice services in the setting they call home.
- Crisis Care: Patients receive care on a short-term continuous basis in order to monitor and manage uncontrolled symptoms.
- General Inpatient-Care: Patients receive care on a short-term basis in an inpatient facility to help relieve uncontrolled symptoms.
- Respite Care: Patients receive care in a facility on a short-term basis, up to five days, to provide relief for the caregiver.
Why Ohio’s Hospice at United Church Homes?
Our teams comprise the state’s most experienced hospice and senior living providers serving our communities for more than 40 years.
Our goal is to provide hospice services in your United Church Homes community. In addition, we can offer general hospice inpatient care through our Hospice Houses, hospice inpatient units and contracts with our local hospitals. Check with your team to learn about the best option for you.
You will have medical oversight with hospice and palliative care certified physicians and nurses.
We will help you stay out of the hospital and remain wherever you call home.
Ohio’s Hospice services are available whenever you need us. You can call to speak with a nurse on our 24-hour support line or receive support from our extended-hours team.
Grief support services are available at no cost to our patients, their families and all members of our community.
We offer additional disease-specific Focused Care™ programs customized for your care and is centered around you.
Focused Care services include symptom management for patients with:
- Cancer: specialized oncology nurses available to work with you and your physician
- Geriatric Neurology: individualized support for patients and their families when facing advanced chronic-health concerns
- Heart Disease: specialized cardiac nurses and use of telehealth monitoring of symptoms when appropriate
- Pulmonary: respiratory therapists and support for oxygen needs
In many areas, Ohio’s Hospice affiliates offer an array of services that include hospital-based dedicated beds and Hospice House inpatient care. When patients require short-term, 24/7 symptom monitoring and management by a team with palliative and hospice expertise, these options for care are invaluable.