Getting Started With Hospice Care
At a time when comfort and care can make a significant difference in the quality of life of your loved one, making the right choice can make a tremendous difference. When you choose Ohio’s Hospice, you are choosing unrivaled multi-disciplinary medical care and comforting emotional and spiritual support — right where you need it.
- Anyone can inquire about our services, at any time. The more information you have the more prepared you are to make decisions that are right for you or your loved one. Now is the best time to find out more.
- We welcome your calls and questions. You can contact us toll-free at 888.449.4121.
- You can speak with your physician, who can make a referral to hospice care.
- If you would like for us to contact your physician we will be happy to do so with your permission.
12 Questions to Ask a Hospice Provider*
- How long has the hospice been in operation?
- Is the hospice licensed by the State of Ohio?
- Is the hospice certified by Medicare?
- Does the hospice accept Medicaid?
- What other insurance is accepted?
- What level of participation is expected from family and caregivers?
- How can hospice supplement family responsibilities?
- How often does hospice make home visits?
- What kind of coverage is available for evenings and weekends?
- Does the hospice contract with long-term care facilities?
- Does the hospice offer inpatient care?
- What bereavement services are offered?
*From Hospice Foundation of America