Your Green Thumb Can Be a Healing Touch
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton invites gardeners to bring their green thumbs to help maintain the healing serenity of gardens on the hospice campus.
Volunteer gardeners with the Adopt-a-Garden program experience the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of others by enhancing the gardens at the Dayton Hospice House for patients and their families. Volunteers are welcome as individuals or as part of a group to adopt a garden or small bed in the lovely gardens to care for and maintain. All Adopt-a-Gardens feature signage thanking those who are part of this inspirational project.
As a volunteer for the Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton gardens, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with other volunteers. You will enjoy sharing your knowledge and gardening skills and will meet others who share your love of the outdoors. Exciting volunteer opportunities exist in virtually every area of the Hospice of Dayton landscape.
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
Hospice House Gardens
• Care and maintenance of assigned gardens by weeding, mulching, dividing and plant grooming.
• Plant annuals, perennials and other plant material.
• Create and plant garden design.
• Create and plant theme garden designs.
• Assist in the care and maintenance of the gardens.
• Work with horticulture staff and volunteers to assist with gardens and ground maintenance including planting, plant grooming, dividing, weeding and mulching.
• Share knowledge and gardening skill with volunteers.
• Assist volunteers with tasks when needed.
• Implement a program to manage our woodland areas by providing:
• Removal of Invasive plants
• Restore forest native habitat
• Sustainable forest management
• Assist in the selection and care of hardy trees and shrubs.
• Maintenance of water features includes checking water levels, filling and cleaning
• Debris management.
• Maintenance of pond duties includes overseeing waterfall by checking pump house, cleaning waterfall and reservoir, and weed and debris management.
For additional information please contact Miriam Wolf email@example.com or call 937-608-3456. You can also contact Volunteer Services at 937-256-9507, ext. 1163.
- Focused Care™2023.01.25Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- Education2023.01.25American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease
- Inspiration2022.10.14Sad News: Remembering Popcorn Bert
- Grief Support2022.10.10Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County Invites Community to Annual Hope for the Holidays Grief Program