Hospice volunteers play a vital role in the interdisciplinary teams serving hospice patients and their families. Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton seeks new volunteers and will hold a new volunteer orientation on Saturday, October 14, 2017 from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Maureen Swarts, Volunteer Services Manager, welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds and of all ages. “Volunteers give from their hearts and enable us to touch the lives of patients and families with enhanced compassion and care. They are essential to our mission of providing superior care and superior services.”
Hospice volunteers provide a variety of support and services including serving as friendly visitors and companions, providing respite care, shopping, delivering medications and supplies, massage, beautician and barber services and gardening. Volunteers also serve as ambassadors sharing information about hospice care and in office support roles. Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton history
- Role of Volunteers and opportunities
- Confidentiality, infection control, and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
For additional information on registration and requirements, please call 937.256.9507, ext. 3314, or click here.
- #CelebratingLifesStoriesNovember 21, 2023Priesthood, Shelters and Hospice Care: A Life of Service for Barbara Parini
- AffiliationNovember 7, 2023Community Hospice to Join Ohio’s Hospice Strategic Partnership
- Focused Care™January 25, 2023Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- EducationJanuary 25, 2023American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease