Apply Now to Attend November Volunteer Training
Hospice volunteers play a vital role in supporting patients and their families. You can help support the mission of Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice by becoming a volunteer. New volunteer training will be offered on Wednesday, November 11, 2018, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Hospice volunteers provide a variety of support and services, including serving as friendly visitors and companions; offeringrespite care; shopping; delivering medications and supplies; providing massage, beautician, and barber services; and gardening. Volunteers also serve as ambassadors, sharing information about hospice care and in-office support roles.Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on:
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- Role of and opportunities for volunteersConfidentiality, infection control and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
Information about volunteering is available by contacting Tami Clark at Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice at TClark@CommunityMercyHospice.org or by calling 937.390.9665.
Applications are also available online here.
- Focused Care™2023.01.25Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- Education2023.01.25American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease
- Inspiration2022.10.14Sad News: Remembering Popcorn Bert
- Grief Support2022.10.10Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County Invites Community to Annual Hope for the Holidays Grief Program