APRIL VOLUNTEER TRAINING OFFERED BY OHIO’S HOSPICE OF DAYTON
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton will hold a new volunteer orientation on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Dayton Hospice House location, 324 Wilmington Avenue.
Hospice volunteers play a vital role with the teams serving hospice patients and their families. Hospice volunteers are all ages and come from all backgrounds according to Maureen Swarts, volunteer services manager. “Our hospice volunteers provide a variety of support and services as friendly visitors and companions, providing respite care, shopping, delivering medications and supplies, as beauticians and barbers, and gardening,” Swarts explains. Volunteers also serve as ambassadors sharing information about hospice care and in office support roles.
Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton history
- Role of Volunteers and opportunities
- Confidentiality, infection control, and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
Swarts notes that “Volunteers give from their hearts and enable us to touch the lives of patients and families with enhanced compassion and care. They are essential to our mission of providing superior care and superior services.”
For additional information on registration and requirements, please call 937.256.9507, ext. 3314, or visit www.hospiceofdayton.org/volunteers/
- Focused Care™2023.01.25Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- Education2023.01.25American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease
- Inspiration2022.10.14Sad News: Remembering Popcorn Bert
- Grief Support2022.10.10Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County Invites Community to Annual Hope for the Holidays Grief Program