Become a Hospice Volunteer
Hospice volunteers play a vital role with the interdisciplinary teams serving hospice patients and their families. Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice seeks new volunteers and will hold a new volunteer orientation on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 from 8:30 am to 12 pm.
Volunteer Coordinator Tami Clark welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds and of all ages. “Volunteers give from their hearts and enable us to touch the lives of patients and families with enhanced compassion and care. They are essential to our mission of providing superior care and superior services.”
Hospice volunteers provide a variety of support and services including serving as friendly visitors and companions, providing respite care, shopping, delivering medications and supplies, honoring U.S. Veterans, providing beautician and barber services and gardening. Volunteers also serve as ambassadors sharing information about hospice care and in office support roles. Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- Hospice history
- Role of Volunteers and opportunities
- Confidentiality, infection control, and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
Information about volunteering is available by contacting Tami Clark at email@example.com or by calling 937-390-9665
Applications are also available by clicking here.
- Focused Care™2023.01.25Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- Education2023.01.25American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease
- Inspiration2022.10.14Sad News: Remembering Popcorn Bert
- Grief Support2022.10.10Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County Invites Community to Annual Hope for the Holidays Grief Program