Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County 2023 Camp Pathways
June 28 @ 9:00 am - June 30 @ 4:00 pm
Camp Pathways: Miami County
Summer camp for children and teens who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
Camp Pathways is a unique experience designed to encourage children and teens to express their feelings of grief in a safe and fun environment. Trained volunteers lead group sessions and activities. Some of the benefits of the camp are:
- An opportunity to be with other kids and teens who also have experienced the death of a loved one.
- Lots of fun, age appropriate outdoor activities such as swimming, games, and arts and crafts.
- A memorial service that honors the memory of the loved one.
June 28-30, 2023, 9 am-4 pm
Indian Hills 4H Camp
8212 Lauver Rd.
Pleasant Hill, OH 45359
$15 for 1 camper
$20 for 2 sibling campers
$30 for 3 or more sibling campers
Financial aid is available and made possible by generous community support from the Ohio’s Hospice Foundation.
If your child/teen will need a ride to camp, please call 937.573.2114 to inquire.
To ensure your space, you must pre-register by calling 937.573.2114 or click the link below.
Please register by Monday, June 12, 2023.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CAMP VOLUNTEER?
A camp volunteer is someone safe to talk, play, laugh and cry with during camp. Camp volunteers are assigned one to two children for the duration of camp. To volunteer, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be available and present on camp days from 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
- Complete an online application with two references (new volunteers only) and submit by April 28, 2023.
- Complete an interview.
- Complete a background check and be fingerprinted.
- Attend one training/orientation session held at the Pathways of HopeSM Grief Counseling Center located at 3230 N. County Rd. 25A, Troy, OH 45373. Dates and times to be announced.
Please submit by April 28, 2023.