Gina easily melts the worries (and not to mention, hearts) of the patients and families she meets in our care. Gina is part of our pet therapy program and regularly visits as a supportive companion for patients and families.
Gina did not come from an easy life before her owner Nick Ziza came to her rescue. Gina is a rescue dog found on the street, showing signs of abuse and neglect. As happy as a girl she is, you can tell her life is much different now.
With her gentle nature and love for people, her caring demeanor was meant to be shared with others. She is certified in pet therapy and is adored by those she encounters.
Some facts about Gina:
- She has served at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton for eight months
- She is four years old
- Loves chasing squirrels
- Enjoys playing with her pet brother Niles
We thank Nick and Gina for their kindness and support for patients and families at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton. Learn how you can volunteer here.
- Community HospiceJanuary 1, 2024Community Hospice to Join Ohio’s Hospice Strategic Partnership
- #CelebratingLifesStoriesNovember 21, 2023Priesthood, Shelters and Hospice Care: A Life of Service for Barbara Parini
- News and UpdatesJuly 28, 2023Ohio’s Hospice Volunteer Experiences Hospice Care as a Loved One
- Grief SupportFebruary 27, 2023Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children