Join the Hospice of Central Ohio Mission as a Volunteer!
Hospice of Central Ohio serves our patients and families through the combined efforts of paid (employee) and unpaid (volunteer) staff members. In the true spirit of the word “team,” all staff members share the privilege and responsibility of supporting people who are in the dying process as well as their family members and caregivers.
The paid and volunteer staff dynamic is one of mutual respect and collaboration, centered on the end-of-life wishes and needs of our patients and their families. From patient care to office support and special projects, volunteers provide an essential perspective that makes our mission come to life. Across all lines of service, volunteers and employees work together to ensure that we are providing the best care possible to the people we serve every day.
Please take a moment to review the New Volunteer Training series schedule below. To begin the application process, simply fill out the online application form or contact Volunteer Services at 740-788-1404 to learn more.
We invite you to consider joining our vibrant, compassionate team in a role that best fits your skills and interests!
2019 VOLUNTEER TRAINING SCHEDULE
2019 New Volunteer Training Schedule
- Note: All sessions run from 6:00—8:30 p.m.
- Application and initial interview required in order to register.
- Attendance at all four sessions in a series required prior to placement.
Please contact Volunteer Services with questions or for updates:
NEWARK TRAINING SERIES
Location: 2269 Cherry Valley Rd. | Newark OH 43055
May 13, 14, 20 & 21
September 9, 10, 16 & 17
LANCASTER TRAINING SERIES
Location: 1585 E. Main St. | Lancaster, OH 43130
July 8, 9, 15 & 16
COLUMBUS TRAINING SERIES
Location: 1565 Bethel Road | Columbus, OH 43220
August 6, 8, 13 & 15
November 5, 7, 12 & 14
ZANESVILLE TRAINING SERIES
Location: 1166 Military Road | Zanesville, OH 43701
June 4, 6, 11 & 13
October 7, 8, 14 & 15
To begin the application process, simply fill out the online application form or contact Volunteer Services at 740-788-1404 to learn more.
Schedule subject to change—please contact Volunteer Services for updates!
- Focused Care™2023.01.25Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- Education2023.01.25American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease
- Inspiration2022.10.14Sad News: Remembering Popcorn Bert
- Grief Support2022.10.10Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County Invites Community to Annual Hope for the Holidays Grief Program