July Training Slated for New Volunteers at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton will hold a new volunteer orientation on July 12, 2017.
Hospice volunteers play a vital role with the interdisciplinary teams serving hospice patients and their families, providing a variety of services including respite care, shopping, delivery of medications and supplies, massage, beautician and barber services and gardening. Volunteers also serve as ambassadors sharing information about hospice care, as friendly visitors and in office support roles. Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton history
- Role of Volunteers and opportunities
- Confidentiality, infection control, and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
Maureen Swarts, Volunteer Services Manager, welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds and of all ages. “Volunteers give from their hearts and enable us to touch the lives of patients and families with enhanced compassion and care. They are essential to our mission of providing superior care and superior services.”
For additional information please click here.
- Focused Care™2023.01.25Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- Education2023.01.25American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease
- Inspiration2022.10.14Sad News: Remembering Popcorn Bert
- Grief Support2022.10.10Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County Invites Community to Annual Hope for the Holidays Grief Program