Ohio’s Hospice is dedicating the month of November as Kindvember!
The month of November is National Hospice and Palliative Care Month, where we traditionally recognize the importance of hospice and palliative care in the health and well-being of our communities.
Every day, we have the privilege of serving patients and families, many in their most vulnerable moments. Showing kindness and compassion during these difficult times is just one of the ways we provide superior care and superior services.
Kindvember is an initiative of Ohio’s Hospice and its affiliates to celebrate and honor the importance of kindness in our mission and to each other. In November 2020, we are inviting everyone to Scatter Kindness™ and celebrate Kindvember.
How to Scatter Kindness
During National Hospice and Palliative Care Month, we invite you to join us and take time this November to Scatter Kindness™ and share a bit of kindness in any way you can. It is important to be kind to others, including loved ones, neighbors, friends, co-workers and yourself, now and always. Below are some ideas on how you can Scatter Kindness throughout the week:
- Kindness Challenge: Make a gratitude list each day this week.
- Kindness in Action: Hold the door open for someone. Small acts of kindness make a positive impact on someone’s day.
- Be Kind to Yourself: Practice mindfulness by focusing on the present moment.
- Kindness in Action: Offer to run an errand for someone. Going the extra mile is always appreciated.
- Volunteer Kindness: Do something helpful for a neighbor.
- Kindness in Action: Whether it’s a home-cooked meal or takeout, sharing a meal with loved ones is a great way to come together.
You are welcome to share these ideas, freely and often, as we Scatter Kindness around the world!
Share Your Kindness
As you work to Scatter Kindness, we would love to see your kindness in action. If you would like to share your acts of kindness or kindness from others, please use the hashtags #Kindvember and #ScatterKindness.
- Grief Support2021.01.14Coping With Grief After the Holidays
- Community Care Hospice2020.12.23Volunteers Scatter Kindness and Holiday Joy to Community Care Hospice Patients and Families
- Community Care Hospice2020.12.21Missi Knisley Named Executive Director of Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County and Community Care Hospice
- Media Release2020.12.21Volunteers Scatter Kindness and Holiday Cheer to Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Patients and Families