Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Seeks Additional Volunteers
Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County is seeking new volunteers to join its interdisciplinary teams serving hospice patients and their families.
The next new volunteer orientation is scheduled for Tuesday, July 9, 2019, from 3:30 to 8 pm, at Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County (550 Summit Ave., Suite 101, Troy, Ohio 45373). Volunteer training is offered quarterly by the local not-for-profit hospice.
Hospice volunteers must complete an application, provide references, and complete a background check before attending orientation. Volunteers, ages 18 and older, from all backgrounds are welcome. There are a variety of opportunities so that volunteers can select the role that best suits them.
“Volunteers give from their hearts and enable us to touch the lives of patients and families with enhanced compassion and care. They are essential to our mission of providing superior care and superior services,” said Beth Shrake, volunteer services coordinator with Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County. “Among other things, our hospice volunteers serve as friendly visitors and companions, providing respite care for family members, delivering medications and supplies, creating craft items, or providing beautician and barber services.”
Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information about the following:
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County history
- Role of volunteers and opportunities
- Confidentiality, infection control and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
For additional information please visit https://www.hospiceofmiamicounty.org/volunteer-services/ or contact Beth Shrake at 937.573.2115.
- Grief Support2023.02.27Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offers Bereavement Workshop: Bearing the Grief of Suicide
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Thanks Miami East High School Girls Basketball Team for Donation of More Than $9,500
- American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio's Hospice2022.12.29Volunteer Uses Talents to Make Veteran Quilts