Volunteer to Support the Mission of Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice
Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice, a service of Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, seeks volunteers to support patients and families facing life-limiting illnesses locally. A new volunteer training will be offered on July 12 from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Hospice volunteers play a vital role with the interdisciplinary teams serving hospice patients and their families, providing a variety of services including respite care, shopping, delivery of medications and supplies, transportation support, massage, beautician and barber services and gardening. Volunteers also serve as ambassadors sharing information about hospice care, as friendly visitors and in office support roles. Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- Hospice history
- Role of Volunteers and volunteer opportunities
- Confidentiality, infection control, and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
Information about volunteering is available by contacting Tami Clark at Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice of at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 937-390-9665
Applications are also available by clicking here.
- Focused Care™2023.01.25Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- Education2023.01.25American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease
- Inspiration2022.10.14Sad News: Remembering Popcorn Bert
- Grief Support2022.10.10Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County Invites Community to Annual Hope for the Holidays Grief Program