10 Caregiver Support Tips
Caring for a loved one is rewarding and exhausting. It is important that caregivers also take care of themselves. The Caregiver Action Network offers these important tips for caregivers:
Seek support from other caregivers. You are not alone!
Take care of your own health so that you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one.
Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you.
Learn how to communicate effectively with doctors.
Caregiving is hard work so take respite breaks often.
Watch out for signs of depression and don’t delay in getting professional help when you need it.
Be open to holistic treatments and new technologies that can help you care for your loved one.
- Organize medical information so it’s up to date and easy to find.
Make sure legal documents are in order.
Give yourself credit for doing the best you can in one of the toughest jobs there is!
Learn how our affiliates support caregivers by clicking here.
- Focused Care™2023.01.25Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- Education2023.01.25American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease
- Inspiration2022.10.14Sad News: Remembering Popcorn Bert
- Grief Support2022.10.10Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County Invites Community to Annual Hope for the Holidays Grief Program