Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio’s 25th Annual Golf Outing raised more than $45,000 for patient care and services on June 17 at The Links at Echo Springs in Johnstown, Ohio. Along with a round of golf, the event included lunch, hole competitions, snacks, and awards to close the day.
“This was our 25th annual Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio golf outing,” said Stacy Geller, vice president of philanthropic development at Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio. “We appreciate the 120 golfers, numerous volunteers and generous sponsors who made this event possible. We have enjoyed community support over the years, but the outpouring of enthusiasm and camaraderie seemed to be in high gear as we gathered on that beautiful June day.”
Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio is grateful to the event sponsors. The platinum sponsor is The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Gold sponsors are The Energy Cooperative; The Granville Investment Group; Licking Memorial Health Systems; and Matesich Distributing. Silver sponsors are Hinderer Motorsports; Kessler Sign Company; Netsmart; and ValueCare Ambulance Service. Bronze sponsors are A1 Glassy Waters; Adkins Disposal Service LLC; Crispin Iron & Metal; Centratech; First Federal Savings of Newark; and Newark Moose Lodge #499. Hole sponsors are Arlington Care Center; Brucker & Kishler Funeral Home; and Englefield, Inc. Golf cart sponsors are Christy’s Pizza and Otterbein SeniorLife Granville.
Proceeds from the event support patient care and services at the local not-for-profit hospice. Funds raised from the event will help Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio:
- Provide superior care and superior services to anyone in our community facing end-of-life illnesses, regardless of ability to pay.
- Provide grief support at no cost to anyone in the community.
- Provide complementary services such as occupational, massage, music and art therapy.
Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio, an affiliate of Ohio’s Hospice, has provided a holistic, community-based approach to hospice care since 1982. With locations in Newark, Columbus, Lancaster and Zanesville, the not-for-profit organization serves 13 counties in central Ohio and is dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and families facing life-limiting illnesses. In addition, two inpatient care centers at Licking Memorial Hospital and The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are available for symptom management.
- Community HospiceJanuary 1, 2024Community Hospice to Join Ohio’s Hospice Strategic Partnership
- #CelebratingLifesStoriesNovember 21, 2023Priesthood, Shelters and Hospice Care: A Life of Service for Barbara Parini
- News and UpdatesJuly 28, 2023Ohio’s Hospice Volunteer Experiences Hospice Care as a Loved One
- Grief SupportFebruary 27, 2023Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children