Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton Annual Cosmic Bowl Event to Benefit Patients and Families
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton will host its 22nd annual Cosmic Bowl on Sunday, Nov. 3, 1 to 3 pm, at Poelking-Woodman Lanes (3200 Woodman Dr., Kettering, Ohio 45420). The bowl for hospice event is a benefit for patients and families served by Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton.
Community members are invited to participate in this fun family event, which offers participating bowlers two hours of cosmic bowling, an event T-shirt and complimentary pizza from Papa John’s. The event also includes door prizes.
Registration costs $50. To register, please call Sydney Truax at 937.256.9507, ext. 2885, or email her at STruax@OhiosHospice.org.
Proceeds from the event supports patient care at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, a not-for-profit hospice provider, which has served patients and families in the Dayton region for more than 40 years in their homes, extended care and assisted living facilities, and the Hospice House in Dayton.
Patient programs supported from the proceeds of the event include:
- Indigent Care— At Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, patients receive care regardless of their ability to pay.
- In-Patient Care Options— Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton provides in-patient hospice care options at Care Centers in Dayton and Franklin, offering intense care for patients experiencing medical situations or symptoms that cannot be managed in the home or at a facility-based setting.
- Focused CareTMand Palliative Care — Donor dollars enable Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton to provide Focused CareTM, highly specialized disease-specific treatment for hospice patients, and palliative care for patients with significant pain and symptom control issues.
- Grief Support Services — Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton provides grief support services to the community at no cost, regardless of whether our hospice services have been used.
The presenting sponsor is Dayton #73 Moose Lodge. Additional sponsors include In Memory of Jon Poelking; McGohan Brabender; Greg and Patti Atkinson; Meijer; Coolidge Wall Co. LPA; Robert H. Brethen Foundation; Progressive Printers, The Nichols Family; Poelking Bowling Centers; Linda M. Weprin Realty; United Healthcare; Calvary Cemetery; R.B. Jergens Contractors; and The Leff Family.
- Grief Support2023.02.27Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offers Bereavement Workshop: Bearing the Grief of Suicide
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Thanks Miami East High School Girls Basketball Team for Donation of More Than $9,500
- American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio's Hospice2022.12.29Volunteer Uses Talents to Make Veteran Quilts