Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offers Six-Week Adult Grief Group Beginning Jan. 20
Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare is hosting an online six-week adult grief group, Faces of Grief, beginning Wednesday, Jan. 20, through Wednesday, Feb. 24, 5-6:15 pm.
David Hargrave, LSW, CTP, CGGS, bereavement counseling professional with Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare, will lead the six-week adult grief group. Topics covered during the Faces of Grief group include:
- Myths About Grief
- Common and Normal Grief Reactions
- Different Grieving Styles
- The Four Tasks of Mourning
- Acknowledging the Secondary Losses
- Factors That Influence the Grief Journey
- Taking Care of Yourself During the Journey of Grief
The Faces of Grief group provides a safe venue for sharing experiences, discussing key challenges, and learning about positive coping strategies along the grief journey.
“These sessions are designed to help adult grievers understand the many nuances of grief, help them with processing the pain, and help them adjust to a world without their loved one,” Hargrave said. “During the Faces of Grief group, we will identify and process many of the ways that grief presents itself.”
It is not necessary to share openly in a group setting to receive support. The weekly curriculum and insights from others can generate hope and clarification for one’s own grief experience.
Participants are invited to attend the sessions online only. While the event is free and open to the public, registration is required. To register, call Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare at 330.264.4899.
Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare, a not-for-profit organization established in 1982, is an affiliate of Ohio’s Hospice that serves communities in Wayne, Holmes, Ashland and Medina counties. It embodies the spirit of neighbors caring for neighbors with a commitment to relieve suffering, ease fears, and provide companionship along life’s last journey. Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare addresses patient and family needs wherever the patient calls home. Services also include access to the Stanley C. and Flo K. Gault Inpatient Pavilion, providing short-term patient care to manage acute symptoms, adjust medications, or stabilize patient condition.
- Grief Support2023.02.27Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offers Bereavement Workshop: Bearing the Grief of Suicide
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Thanks Miami East High School Girls Basketball Team for Donation of More Than $9,500
- American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio's Hospice2022.12.29Volunteer Uses Talents to Make Veteran Quilts