Now is a great time to begin the application process if you are interested in supporting the mission of Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice as a volunteer.
Hospice volunteers play a vital role with the interdisciplinary teams serving hospice patients and their families. Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice seeks new volunteers and will hold a new volunteer orientation on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 from 8 am to 1 pm.
Volunteer Coordinator Tami Clark welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds and of all ages. “Volunteers give from their hearts and enable us to touch the lives of patients and families with enhanced compassion and care. They are essential to our mission of providing superior care and superior services.”
Hospice volunteers provide a variety of support and services including serving as friendly visitors and companions, providing respite care, shopping, delivering medications and supplies, massage, beautician and barber services and gardening. Volunteers also serve as ambassadors sharing information about hospice care and in office support roles. American Pride volunteers help honor Veterans in hospice care and express gratitude for their service.
Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton history
- Role of Volunteers and opportunities
- Confidentiality, infection control, and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
Information about volunteering is available by contacting Tami Clark at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton at email@example.com or by calling 937-390-9665
You can begin the application process by clicking here.
- #CelebratingLifesStoriesNovember 21, 2023Priesthood, Shelters and Hospice Care: A Life of Service for Barbara Parini
- AffiliationNovember 7, 2023Community Hospice to Join Ohio’s Hospice Strategic Partnership
- Focused Care™January 25, 2023Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- EducationJanuary 25, 2023American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease