Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice Volunteer Training Set for Aug. 28 and Oct. 16
Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice will offer new volunteer orientation on Wednesday, Aug. 28, and Wednesday, Oct. 16. Both training sessions will be from 8:30 am to noon at the Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice office (100 McCreight Ave., Suite 400, Springfield, Ohio 45504).
Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds and of all ages. Hospice volunteers provide a variety of support for office staff and care teams, including serving as friendly visitors, providing respite care, delivering supplies, providing pet therapy visits, playing music at the bedside of patients, honoring fellow Veteran patients, and providing licensed hairstylists.
“Volunteers are essential to the Ohio’s Hospice mission of providing superior care and superior services,” said Tami Clark, volunteer coordinator. “Our volunteers are wonderful people who make a difference each day in the lives of others and in their own lives as they support our patients, families, community and staff.”
Volunteers must complete the application, references and background check returned with no criminal history before attending orientation. Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on:
- History and goals of end-of-life care
- The role of and opportunities for volunteers
- Confidentiality, infection control and safety
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
More information about volunteering with Ohio’s Community Mercy Hospice is available by contacting Clark at 937.390.9665 or by email at TClark@OhiosCommunityMercyHospice.org.
- Grief Support2023.02.27Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offers Bereavement Workshop: Bearing the Grief of Suicide
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Thanks Miami East High School Girls Basketball Team for Donation of More Than $9,500
- American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio's Hospice2022.12.29Volunteer Uses Talents to Make Veteran Quilts