Ohio’s Hospice Celebrates Random Acts of Kindness Day
“A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
At Ohio’s Hospice, our mission is to celebrate the lives of those we have the privilege of serving by providing superior care and superior services to each patient and family. Whether large or small, acts of kindness can make a significant impact on those around you.
Kindness can help change our turbulent times into individual moments of compassion that outweigh uncertainty and doubt. Kindness is the beginning of all that is good and worthwhile in our lifetime.
Every day, we have the privilege of serving patients and families, many in their most vulnerable moments. Showing kindness and compassion during these difficult times is just one of the ways we provide superior care and superior services.
On Random Acts of Kindness Day, we invite you to join us and Scatter KindnessTM. Random Acts of Kindness Day encourages individuals to make kindness the norm. It envisions a world where there is no limit on the amount of goodness put out into the world. Today, we encourage you to offer acts of kindness in any way you can.
- Compliment a stranger. Telling the person in front of you in line that you like their sweater can be a confidence boost for them and make them smile.
- Write a positive comment on a website or blog. Read a great article or blog? Send love to the author by leaving a positive note in the comment section.
- Gift an inspirational book. Books can change the way we see the world. Give someone you care about the inspiration to see things differently.
- Find out something new about a co-worker or a neighbor. When you see someone every day, it can be easy to get caught in the motions of familiar conversation. Make an effort to connect and learn something new.
- Wheel out your neighbor’s trash bin. Help your neighbors when they forget trash day or are having a busy week.
- Be kind to yourself. Pick a comfy spot and read a good book, make a cup of hot tea and watch your favorite movie, or take a few minutes to stretch and meditate.
As you Scatter KindnessTM, we would love to see your kindness in action. If you would like to share your acts of kindness or kindness from others, please use the hashtags #ScatterKindness and #RandomActsofKindnessDay.
We’re grateful for community support as we continue to provide superior care and superior services through our compassion, access, expertise, support and kindness — now and alwaysTM. For more information about our services, please click here. If you would like to support our mission, please click here.