At Ohio’s Hospice, we have a program designed to specifically care for you or your loved one’s oncology disease. We continue to maintain best practices and collaborate with your specialist to support your symptoms, based on your disease progression and individual goals.
Focused CareTM is a specialized program available from our care team. It addresses the disease-specific needs of our patients.
Working with your medical providers, our multidisciplinary team closely monitors your status and quickly responds to adverse symptoms as they occur.
The goals of Focused Care include:
- Provide relief from symptom burden.
- Design a plan of care that is tailored to you in collaboration with your or your loved one’s medical team.
- Improve quality of life with expert symptom management.
- Avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and emergency room visits.
Focused Care services are provided as part of the Medicare hospice benefit at no additional cost to you.
Oncology Focused Care Benefits
In addition to benefits of hospice care, our Oncology Focused Care provides:
- Access to an Oncology Focused Care nurse.
- Accurate and timely information reported to your medical provider.
- Admission to one of our Hospice Houses to help manage uncontrolled symptoms.
- Visits from our skilled respiratory therapists to address respiratory needs and concerns.
- Ability to support treatments, such as palliative chemotherapy and/or radiation to control symptoms.
- Ability to support palliative infusions, antibiotics, and blood transfusions for symptoms management.
Your local Ohio’s Hospice care team works with medical facilities, long-term care providers, and physician offices to provide the best level of care for each patient.
Oncology Focused Care Services
The Focused Care team provides internal clinical education and support. The Focused Care team also provides developed educational resources to assist our clinical staff with direct patient care in alignment with best clinical practice and individualized care, based on your or your loved one’s quality of life goals.
We have specialized nurses in oncology who serve you or your loved one. They collaborate with community providers and our interdisciplinary care team to enhance patient care outcomes and improve symptom management.
We offer the following:
- Focused Care consults for clinical review
- Joint patient visits
- Community physician collaboration for continuity of care
Complex Medical Therapy Review Meetings
Our care team also holds Complex Medical Therapy review meetings twice a month to review the cases of patients receiving any on-going cancer directed treatments (palliative chemotherapy/radiation/transfusions) and any patients on short-term hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis. Our experts discuss patient tolerance, disease progression, risk/benefit review, and patient goals to support continuation of therapy.
For more information, call 888.449.4121.