At Ohio’s Hospice, we have a program designed to specifically care for you or your loved one’s pulmonary disease. We continue to maintain best practices and collaborate with your specialist to support your symptoms, based on your disease progression and individual goals.
Focused CareTM is a specialized program available from our care team. It addresses the disease-specific needs of our patients.
Working with your medical providers, our multidisciplinary team closely monitors your status and quickly responds to adverse symptoms as they occur.
The goals of Focused Care include:
- Provide relief from symptom burden.
- Design a plan of care that is tailored to you in collaboration with your or your loved one’s medical team.
- Improve quality of life with expert symptom management.
- Avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and emergency room visits.
Focused Care services are provided as part of the Medicare hospice benefit at no additional cost to you.
Pulmonary Focused Care Benefits
In addition to benefits of hospice care, our Pulmonary Focused Care provides:
- Individualized support for you or a loved one when facing advanced chronic health concerns.
- Expert symptom management to meet the unique needs of you or a loved one.
- Accurate and timely information reported to your medical provider.
- Admission to one of our Hospice Houses to help manage uncontrolled symptoms.
- Visits from our skilled respiratory therapists to address respiratory needs and concerns.
Your local Ohio’s Hospice care team works with medical facilities, long-term care providers, and physician offices to provide the best level of care for each patient.
Pulmonary Focused Care Services
The Focused Care team provides developed educational resources to assist our clinical staff with direct patient care in alignment with best clinical practice and individualized care, based on your or your loved one’s quality of life goals.
We have specialized nurses in pulmonary care who serve you or your loved one. They collaborate with community providers and our interdisciplinary care team to enhance patient care outcomes and improve symptom management.
We offer the following:
- Focused Care consults for clinical review
- Joint patient visits
- Community physician collaboration for continuity of care
We have full time respiratory therapists across the state serving our patients. They provide direct patient visits for the management of our pulmonary patients and those on complex or high oxygen therapy support. They also are available for consultation for any respiratory challenges.
Advanced Lung Care
Our Focused Care team has worked directly with the National Partnership for Healthcare and Hospice Innovation (NPHI), in collaboration with the American Lung Association on the development of an Advanced Lung Care Guide, which will be available in the coming months.
These relationships allow us to interface with other hospice and palliative care programs on a national level to promote best-practices, consistency in care, and increased access to hospice and palliative care for these populations.
For more information, call 888.449.4121.