Steins, Stems, Spirits, Savories & Sweets Event Raises More Than $120,000
More than $120,000 was raised at the third Steins, Stems, Spirits, Savories & Sweets event on May 18 at Ohio’s Hospice. The event brought together the best flavors of Dayton, raising money for patient care and services at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton.
About 400 attendees enjoyed a wonderful evening of culinary delights created by the chefs of local restaurants and savored the craftsmanship of local breweries, wine shops and bakeries at the Barn, the headquarters of Ohio’s Hospice (7575 Paragon Rd.), which includes Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton.
Top chefs from locally-owned eateries, including Archer’s Tavern, Bella Sorella Pizza, Carvers Steaks & Chops, Coco’s Bistro, El Meson, Greek Street Food Truck, Hamburger Wagon, Meadowlark and Wheat Penny Oven & Bar, Sima Japanese & Korean Restaurant and Watermark, served samples of their best work.
Rumbleseat Wine paired wine with food selections. Sweets were served by Cake, Hope, and Love; Greek Street Baklava; and Nothing Bundt Cakes. Locally crafted beer was offered by Lock 27 Brewing, Warped Wing Brewing Company and Yellow Springs Brewery in addition to spirits offered by Buckeye Vodka.
Live entertainment was provided by Ni/Co, a Nashville-based band with Dayton roots featuring a variety of pop/R&B, classic rock and country music; and Tom Downs, a classic guitarist.
Sponsors for the event include Synergy Building Systems; Coolidge Wall Co., LPA; Cox Media Group Ohio Neighbors Helping Neighbors Miami Valley; Dayton Physicians Network; Designworks Studio; Premier Health; and UBS Financial Services/The Schade Team.
Dollars raised from the event will help Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton:
- Provide superior care and superior services to anyone in our community facing end-of-life, regardless of ability to pay.
- Provide grief support at no cost to anyone in the community.
- Provide complementary services such as occupational, massage, music and art therapy.
- Grief Support2023.02.27Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offers Bereavement Workshop: Bearing the Grief of Suicide
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Thanks Miami East High School Girls Basketball Team for Donation of More Than $9,500
- American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio's Hospice2022.12.29Volunteer Uses Talents to Make Veteran Quilts