The Sips, Savories, & Sweets event is a testament to the power of our community coming together to support the community-based mission of Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton. This event celebrated some of the best of Dayton’s culinary scene and showcased the generosity of our community, creating an unforgettable evening.
“The over $80,000 raised will undoubtedly make a significant difference in the lives of those we are privileged to serve,” said Craig Schrolucke, vice president of Mission Engagement & Brand Care at Ohio’s Hospice. “This and all of our events serve as reminders that when people come together, they can achieve remarkable things.”
The 2023 Sips, Savories, & Sweets event was held on Oct. 7, 2023, at The Barn, the Ohio’s Hospice headquarters. More than 350 attendees enjoyed an evening of food and drinks from local Dayton-area restaurants, food trucks, bakeries, breweries, and wine shops.
“We’re grateful for a fabulous evening with our community,” said Sydney Munch, engagement officer, Ohio’s Hospice Foundation. “This event brought together all of Dayton’s favorites to benefit patient care and services at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton. We would like to thank our partners for taking the time to provide our guests with such a wonderful menu.”
Top chefs from locally owned restaurants and food trucks, including Archer’s Tavern, Blind Dogs, Claybourne Grille, Dot’s Market, El Meson, Hamburger Wagon, Rolling Indulgence, Sima, Smales Pretzel Bakery, and Watermark Restaurant served samples of their menus. Big Sky Bread Co., Pamtastic Treats, and Sunny Byrd Bakery offered delicious sweets. Branch & Bone Artisan Ales, Buckeye Vodka, MadTree Brewing, Rumbleseat Wine, and Warped Wing provided spirit and wine pairings.
Live entertainment was provided by Hauer Swing Band and local harpist, Stephanie Llacuna. In addition to food tastings and drink pairings, there was a raffle for two Electra Townie Go! 7D electric bicycles.
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton thanks the generous sponsors of Sips, Savories, & Sweets.
- Pastry Chef sponsors were Coolidge Wall Co., LPA; Kent & Teri Anderson; Kettering Health; McGohan Brabender; and Synergy Building Systems.
- Maitre D’ sponsors were Dayton Physicians Network-Cancer Care & Urology and USI Insurance Services.
- Front of the House sponsors were Calvary Cemetery and UnitedHealthcare.
- Back of the House sponsors were The Cincinnati Insurance Companies; Designworks Studio; Economy Linen & Towel Service, Inc.; Enclara Pharmacia, Humana; Huntington Bank; and Premier Health.
- The media sponsor was Key-Ads.
Dollars raised from the event will help Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton:
- Provide superior care and superior services to anyone in our community facing end of life, regardless of ability to pay.
- Provide grief support at no cost to anyone in the community.
- Provide complementary services such as respite care, massage, music, and art therapy.
- Provide palliative care to patients whose chronic disease compromises their quality of life.