Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton Announces Fall Volunteer Orientation Dates
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton will hold its new volunteer orientation on Wednesday, Sept. 18, from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm, in the Community Room at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton (324 Wilmington Ave., Dayton, Ohio 45420). Additional volunteer orientation sessions will be held on Saturday, Oct. 12; Wednesday, Nov. 6; and Monday, Dec. 2.
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton volunteers play a vital role on the care teams serving Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton patients and their families. Volunteers are all ages and come from all backgrounds. They serve as ambassadors of Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton by sharing information about hospice care and office support roles.
“The volunteers with Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton provide a variety of support and services, including being friendly visitors and companions, providing respite care and caregiver relief, delivering supplies, providing pet therapy visits, providing licensed hairstylists, honoring fellow Veterans, and supporting office and café staff,” said Maureen Swarts, volunteer services manager. “Volunteers give from their hearts and enable us to touch the lives of more patients and families. They are essential to our mission of providing superior care and superior services.”
Before attending volunteer orientation, volunteers must complete the application, including references and background check. Volunteer training acquaints new volunteers with information on:
- The history and goals of end-of-life care
- Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton history
- The variety of roles of volunteers
- Confidentiality, infection control and safety
- Boundaries in providing care
- Effective listening
- Loss and grief
For additional information on registration and requirements, call 937.256.9507, ext. 3314, or visit www.hospiceofdayton.org/volunteers.
- Grief Support2023.02.27Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offers Bereavement Workshop: Bearing the Grief of Suicide
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Thanks Miami East High School Girls Basketball Team for Donation of More Than $9,500
- American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio's Hospice2022.12.29Volunteer Uses Talents to Make Veteran Quilts