Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio hosted its first Celebrating Life’s Stories® Butterfly Release on Aug. 13 at the Davis-Shai House in Heath, Ohio. More than 400 butterflies were released into the air at the event to remember and honor loved ones.
“The Celebrating Life’s Stories Butterfly Release is a beautiful way to take time to remember and honor loved ones who have passed,” said Renee Sparks, general manager and executive vice president of Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio. “We’re grateful for the community attendance at this wonderful event.”
Proceeds from the event support bereavement services through Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio’s Pathways of Hope™ Grief Counseling Center. Pathways of Hope offers support to families and friends of hospice patients and anyone who is grieving a loss through individual counseling and group workshops. Pathways of Hope also offers Camp HOCO, a summer camp for children, ages 6-12, who have experienced the loss of a loved one.
Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio is grateful to the Butterfly Release sponsors:
- Presenting Sponsors were the Matesich Family; The Granville Investment Group; The Energy Cooperative; Park National Bank; and Licking Memorial Health Systems.
- The Monarch Sponsor was the Family of Willie May “Billie” Flack.
- Buckeye Sponsors were McGohan Brabender and the family of Bonnie Crawford.
- Painted Lady Sponsors included the Licking County Aging Program; Pythian Sisters of White Shield Temple; the family of Annie Cacciato; and Diana H. Wolf.
- Swallowtail Sponsor was Monarch Title Services of Ohio, LLC.
Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio, an affiliate of Ohio’s Hospice, has provided a holistic, community-based approach to hospice care since 1982. With locations in Newark, Columbus, Lancaster, Mt. Gilead and Zanesville, the not-for-profit organization serves 13 counties in central Ohio and is dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and families facing life-limiting illnesses. In addition, two inpatient care centers at Licking Memorial Hospital and The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are available for symptom management.
- #CelebratingLifesStoriesNovember 21, 2023Priesthood, Shelters and Hospice Care: A Life of Service for Barbara Parini
- AffiliationNovember 7, 2023Community Hospice to Join Ohio’s Hospice Strategic Partnership
- Focused Care™January 25, 2023Ohio’s Hospice Observes American Heart Month Throughout February 2023
- EducationJanuary 25, 2023American Heart Month: Managing Symptoms of Advanced Cardiac Disease