Sips, Savories & Sweets Raises More Than $210,000 for Patient Care and Services
More than $210,000 was raised at the Sips, Savories & Sweets event on Oct. 9, 2021, at “The Barn,” the headquarters of Ohio’s Hospice. More than 300 attendees enjoyed an evening of culinary delights and beverages from local Dayton-area restaurants, food trucks, bakeries, breweries and wine shops.
“This event brought together the best flavors of Dayton, benefiting patient care and services at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton,” said Teri Anderson, event chair. “We are honored and humbled by the support of the community. Giving back to Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton allows our patients to live out their final days in comfort, surrounded by loved ones with peace and serenity.”
Top chefs from locally owned eateries, including Archer’s Tavern, Crafted & Cured, Rolling Indulgence Food Truck, Sima, Smokin’ Bee-Bee-Q Food Truck, Table 33, and Watermark Restaurant, served samples of their best work.
Delicious sweets were served by Salt Block Biscuit Co. and Steak Thyme. Rumbleseat Wine paired wine with food selections. Branch & Bone Artisan Ales and Warped Wing Brewing Company offered locally crafted beer, while Buckeye Vodka served spirits.
Live entertainment was provided by Branded Bluegrass, an energetic band performing traditional and contemporary bluegrass along with class country and a little bit of rock ‘n roll. Eric Groff, vocalist and guitarist, also provided indoor entertainment.
In addition to the silent auction, a raffle was held for a Harley Davidson® Heritage Softail With a Milwaukee-Eight® 107 V-Twin Engine and Steel-Laced Wheels.
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton thanks the generous sponsors of Sips, Savories & Sweets.
- The presenting Five-Star sponsor was Netsmart.
- The Sous Chef sponsors were Coolidge Wall Co., LPA; Synergy; and Beth & Paul Striebel Family.
- Pastry Chef sponsors were Designworks Studio, Huntington Bank, The Tatar Family, Kent & Teri Anderson, and Kettering Health.
- Maitre D’ sponsors were Buckeye Harley-Davidson, Dayton Physicians, Dodds Memorials, Elizabeth Diamond Company, Loth, The Huntington Consulting Group, and Wayne & Barb Kirby.
- Front of the House sponsors were Drs. Mary & Charles Bane, Jan Culver & Eugene Kurtz, McGohan Brabender, Howard Michaels, and USI Insurance Services.
- Back of the House sponsors were Michael Boland, Cincinnati Insurance Company, and Premier Health.
- Patron sponsors were Don Fodor, RE/MAX Victory & Affiliates, Bob & Toni Sprinkel, Heidelberg Distributing Company, Tom & Lois Mann, and Woodland Cemetery & Arboretum.
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton also is grateful to all of the friends and supporters from the community who supported Sips, Savories & Sweets: Angela Breeze Puppies; Arrow Wine & Spirits; Audio, etc.; Benjamin Baughman-Boy Blue; Berns Garden Center; Bockrath Flooring; Buckeye Vodka; Carl’s Body Shop; Carvers; Cathy Pearson, Artist; Celeste Reiter, Artist; Christopher’s Restaurant Catering; Claudia & Steve Dickey; Coco’s Bistro; Connie Foster; Dave Barney, True Value Hardware; David Mosma; Dayton Art Institute; Delerium Tremens Brewery; Denny Livesay, Gatlinburg Getaway; Derive Brewing Company; Dorothy Lane Market; Dorothy Lane Market Culinary Center; Dorothy Lane Market Wine Shop; El Meson; Elegant Permanent Cosmetics; Elements Massage; Flemings; Furniture Fair; Furst Florist; Hand & Stone Massage; Jeff Ruby Steakhouse; Kent & Teri Anderson; Luminous Nail & Spa; Meadowlark Restaurant; Mike Elsa; My Pilates Studio; Nicholas Yust; No Where in Particular Cabinet of Curiosities; Patrick & Karen Bachelder; Peter Benjamin and Kate Callahan; Pologeorgis Furs; Rob’s Beer Barn; Square One Salon; Susan Meinen; Tammy Thomas & Glenn Costie; Tuscan Resort, Leone Hinzman; Value City Furniture; Watson’s; Wheat Penny; Winspire Vacations; and Wright State Basketball.
Dollars raised from the event will help Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton:
- Provide superior care and superior services to anyone in our community facing end of life, regardless of ability to pay.
- Provide grief support at no cost to anyone in the community.
- Provide complementary services such as respite care, massage, music and art therapy.
- Provide palliative care to patients whose chronic disease compromises their quality of life.
Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, an affiliate of Ohio’s Hospice, is a not-for-profit hospice provider. Since 1978, it has served patients and families in the Dayton region in their homes, extended care and assisted living facilities, and the Hospice House location in Dayton. Grief support services are available to the entire community through the Pathways of Hope Grief Counseling Center. Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton serves more than 1,000 patients and families daily, achieving national recognition for innovative services and outstanding care.
- Grief Support2023.02.27Register Now for Camp Waves of Emotion: Summer Camp for Grieving Children
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare Offers Bereavement Workshop: Bearing the Grief of Suicide
- Events2023.02.23Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Thanks Miami East High School Girls Basketball Team for Donation of More Than $9,500
- American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio's Hospice2022.12.29Volunteer Uses Talents to Make Veteran Quilts